Friday, October 27, 2006

Thursday-Banquet Job

Today.Thursday.

Banquet Job
Worked at Suntec Convention hall as Banquet waitress from 5-11 pm. But the real job only started at 8 cause that is when the dinner starts. So from 5-8 is basically just briefing. So that is quite slack (happily earning that 3 hours of pay- no work!). Its $5.50 an hour so its quite an OKAY pay. Earned $33, which will be set aside for my Personal Training. So no shopping this time.

The sucky thing is that I hafta wear a SKIRT. Like.. S-K-I-R-T. I would not have worked if I'm not in such a despo situation for cash. Its such a betrayal of principles. And I hafta take off ALL my 8 piercings- ears and lip. Gosh just taking and putting it on is such an effort.

From 8-11pm was really tiring. When the dinner started, had to carry the food through the main door, and walk in a straight line kinda stuff, ya noe wad I mean? Yeah.. I was so afraid I was going to drop the food, then I'll be in deep shit. Throughout the 8 course meals, had to clear plates, pour drinks, serve food.. Damn fucking tiring. And the stuff were EFFING HEAVY NO JOKE. Good workout.

At least the aunty who was supposed to be my mentor was really nice to me. Cause Daryl, who recommended me this job, said that the people can be quite nasty. The aunty also said so. Well, I am in luck today. Many others also helped me and encouraged me. Felt real good. An advantage was that I could speak hokkien. Thats why all the aunties warmed up to me. Cause before I started speaking to them in Hokkien, they were kinda cold towards me. The captains were nasty though. So fuckers lah, so rude to the aunties. Like totally NO MANNERS AT ALL.

Working on Sat again. And BTW if anyone wants to work Banquet (5-11pm) just to earn extra cash, just tag me. Cause they need people on some days when they have events.