Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tuesday-Start work at cartel

Today.Tuesday.

First day of work
Today is my first day of work at Cafe Cartel at Tampines Mall. Worked from 10.30am-3pm. The people there are nice, just abit tough to understand them because they all speak in Chinese. Instructions in Chinese are hell man.. But I actually enjoyed my work- serving, cleaning etc.. I realised how much I actually enjoyed working in service line- F&B or sales. And the best thing about working at Cartel is that they don't care about the number of piercings I have, although I did take off the ball bearing of my lip piercing because I did not wanna get into trouble on my first day of work.

Found out Bradford Koh, my secondary classmate, also just joined Cartel! Haha ain't it a small world :) So I smsed him and he called back and started talking. Then he told me he kena scolding twice yesterday, which was his first day of work, because he 1) sat down during work 2) drank a glass of coke indiscreetly where customers can see him. He told me it was his first job. No wonder lah, JC student no experience in working can only study. Its common sense that when you are in the service line obviously you can't sit and relax while working. I just felt like laughing when he told me he kena scolding for that and could not fathom why. Luckily with my past work experiences, I did not kena scolding because I know how to behave myself and do whats expected without the manager asking.