Sunday, December 03, 2006

standard chartered 10km marathon!

Today.Sunday.

Standard Chartered Marathon 2006
Running the 10km marathon today. First time, aiming to comple in 1hr 15-1hr 30mins.

Woke up at 3.15am cause' my dad's friend was coming to fetch us at 4am. Damn freaking early lah. Kiasu Sporeans sia.



Reached there so early. 4.45am. I was the ONLY 10km runner lah. Everyone else was wearing the white number tag. White number tag is 42km, yellow is 21km, then blue and green are 10km. Felt 'small' amongst the 'giant runners'. Haha. Ate 4 bananas for the Carbs, in the end tummy pain, had to go toilet. Arse.

6am, flag off for 42km runners. Atmosphere damn exciting. Even saw old people running 42km lah. Steady anot.. So many teenagers can't even run 2.4km. Haha. Go runners go!



My flag off was at 7.30am. Damn high, the atmosphere was helluva exciting. Loud music, funny DJs. One said to us Women 10km runners before the flag off, to look pretty at the finishing point cause' picture will be taken, and called us.. BARBIE GIRLS. -_-" They even played the 'Barbie Girl' song just before the flag off.. Haha retarded.

Flag off, off I go! 13mins passed at 2km mark, felt like eternity. Running uphill were the hardest. Overtaking people were the 'shiokest'. Hearing people cheering along the way were elating. So many pretty and hot people running alongside me were DAMN MOTIVATIONAL TO RUN MY BEST ahaha!

'50m more'- The sign showed at the end. I was so happy.. like omg FINALLY! But after running for what-seemed-eternity, I still don't see the finishing line.. LIKE 50metres more? BLUFF ME SIA! WHERE IS THE FINISHING LINE?!?!

Finally! I saw it! Sprinted (at least I felt like I was sprinting.. Haha legs were dying already) and I came in at ONE HOUR AND TWO MINS! PEOPLE CLAP FOR ME MAN! So estactic lah.. To clock in this kinda timing.

Runners resting after their races

Runners reaching the finishing line!

This is the finishing line

Next year I'm gonna run the 10km again. Hope to finish in 55mins. Hope to get more friends to join. Hear that, Jing Yu? Don't be disappointed you couldn't run this year, there are still other marathons throughout the year!