Thursday, April 05, 2007

thurs-first week over

Today.Thursday.



First week of SIP Attachment is over!!!



7 weeks more to go.



These 2 days I finally have something to do. Chai, the Household department visual merchandiser (vmer), is in charge of me now.



And finally I get to do stuff and learn stuff :)



Like this..





Cool huh.. Me and Chai came up with the concept together.


Today I saw how Chai and another guy went about fixing the fixture on the wall so another new knowledge.


Then I saw how Chai came up with ideas to hang towels and curtains. I'll take some pics on Monday and post it online :)


Found out from my other friends that some of them are doing quite useless stuff e.g giving out flyers.


So even though I don't have alot of stuff to do, but at least when I do them I actually learn something.


Which is pretty weird cos I am not a vmer in the first place but I am probably learning more than some of my friends who are majoring in VM.


Anyway I have already decided to find a job at IKEA as a Visual Merchandiser. If there is no job opening at IKEA when I graduate, then I'll come back to John Little to work.


Working at JL has alot of perks. Staff discount of 25% at JL, Robinsons, Marks and Spencer; Free medical treatment at Raffles Group Hospitals.


Chai was saying it'll be easier for me to get a job under the Robinson Group company because I am doing my internship at JL.

:D