Saturday, July 07, 2007


Today.Saturday.

Today is such an awesome day after such a dreadful week!!

~WooHoo!!

Morning: Woke up at 8ish, planned to have McDonalds breakfast. But the heavy downpour kept me home till 9ish.. Off to McDonalds!! (jumps around like a little kid)
Afternoon:Went to Robinsons to spend my $80 voucher. Ch**By*, the shirt I bought had its left sleeve torn!! And me being such a kukuhead didn't realise till I reached home! Thankfully my other 2 shirts were in good condition (plans complain letter to Robinsons)

Late Afternoon: Went down to Pelangi Pride Centre for the screening of 'Women who loves Women' documentary.

The Ya Kun Toast located on the first floor is a damn good place to cruise lah seriously! Like 70% of the customers when I went in were lesbians! Moreover all the nearby clubs/pubs are gay businesses. Or maybe because there is an event today-hence the influx of lesbians at Ya Kun.

It is so typical for Singaporeans to come late. Hence, instead of 4.30, the documentary only started at 5pm. Well well, what can I say.. The ladies gotta make up right..

The documentary was damn good. Seriously. If only it could be shown on national television..

Oh, oh.. And I met this really really pretty girl at the event! Her mom is damn cool lah, so supportive of the GLBT community. The girl said her aunt is the producer.. how cool is that?!

And I was trying real hard not to hyperventilate as we talked.. :D Was trying not to appear flirty cos her mom was just next to us talking to Vid, who is a friend of hers.

-Maintains cool, maintains cool..-

Besides her, I also got to know a couple of damn interesting people. One is a westerner writer for Lonely Planet (in case you have been living under a rock for the past 10 years, Lonely Planet produces travel guide books), the other is an Australian Chinese who travels to really cool places like Pakistan, India, China etc.. Also met Grace, who is a year older, currently studying law in London.

I'm getting so involved in my community, and the sense of belonging has grown tremendously and the loneliness is slowing but surely creeping away.