Saturday, March 29, 2008


Today.Saturday.

I AM IN BANGKOK NOW!!

I am blogging at my hotel's internet cafe right now, with Backstreet Boys' song playing behind me. 50baht ($1=22.3baht) per 30mins.

WHAT A DAY!

Just came back from a massage session. 1 and a half hours. It is located next to my hotel! Heaven on earth. 300bath for 1.5 hrs!

Just to recap..

Thursday: My two lovely friends,

JAN and ESTEE,

sent me off, and even bought me sweets, that came in damn handy as I had gastric during my long taxi ride in Siam from Suvarnabhumi airport!



After dumping my luggage in the hotel, I quickly made my way down to Siam to meet Ploy, my secondary school thai friend, for dinner at MBK. Thank God i know someome here in Bangkok.



Delicious pad thai and cha yen at MBK's food court.

Friday: Met Ploy at Platinum. Didn't plan to meet up with her everyday, thinking it would only be the first night. But Ploy is damn nice, and I am so thankful. With Ploy around, she helped me to negotiate the prices to a local or rather a lower price.

After Platinum, we went to Wang Lang. Wang Lang is a 2nd hand market for locals, locate outside central Bangkok. So if you an't speak Thai, don't bother going.




Day one's stuff.

Saturday: CHATUCHAK!
I went to chatuchak first thing in the morning. The plan is to shop first, then Ploy and her sister Pin would join me in the afternoon.

So I took the BTS to Mo Chit BTS, and changed to Kamphaengphet Mrt. The MRT brings me to another part of Chatuchak market instead of the commonly used section via Mo Chit BTS.

And shop I did.

And money burnt burnt burnt.

Too many tourist, so prices are higher than expected.

When Ploy and Pin came later, it was another round of shopping.



Pin (wearing cap) and Ploy. We were at a small stall at Chatuchak, only because we wanted aircon. It wasn't that hot, kinda like Bugis Street. Don't understand why everyone keeps scaring me about how hot how stuffy the place is.

Total hours I spent at Chatuchak: 8.30am to 6pm.




........

My legs HURT like pins and needles and accupuncture.
Nothing else to do at night, so I stayed in the hotel and watched Scary Movie 4 on Star Movies. Jeez.