Monday, March 31, 2008


Today.Monday.

I am sitting in an internet cafe now, near to my hotel. Here is it 1baht/min.

Sunday:
Today Ploy couldn't join me so I went out alone.

I went back to Wang Lang, followed by Platinum.

Wang Lang... OMG what a horror finding a cab back to Ratchathewi. In case you didn't know, Wang Lang is OUTSIDE of central bangkok. Hence many taxis are not willing to go back to central bangkok. The taxi there was booked through HOWA TAXI.

What idiots. They have an english website but they can't speak English! So i had a very hard time talking to them.

On my way back from Wang Lang, I had an even harder time. Not only did they not understand me, they hung up on me thrice! Lord!

Then I went back to my hotel first as I was freaking having a headache. After resting from the fucking heat stroke, I headed down to Platinum.

Monday:

Met Ploy for lunch after her school. She brought me to this restaurant at Siam Square called Som Tum Nua (restaurant) and the food was AROY MAK MAK!





My favourite drink in Thailand----> CHA YEN!!

Then we shopped at Siam Square for a couple of hours. Siam Square is like far east to Singaporeans, and things are paeng nit noy (a little expensive).







I love A&W!




This shop gave a paper bag instead of the normal plastic bag, which reminded me of takeaways at Burger King.



In a bid to try Mango Sticky Rice, Ploy brought me to this cafe at Siam Square called Mango Tango. Here, the Mango Sticky Rice is given a contemporary touch to it, and the decor of the place is seriously interesting.



The "cage" looking lights, according to Ploy, is actually a tool used to pluck mangoes! What a creative way of incorporating history and modern interior!





From Siam Square, we ended up at Bonzana Mall. Bonzana Mall is another hub for thai youths, and here one can find the usual clothings, shoes, and what nots.




Thereafter we headed down to Central World just for fun joy and laughter. We ended up walking around Zen, a PAENG MAK MAK shopping centre!! It is like shopping at Robinsons or Paragon.

At Central World, we decided to have cakes for dinner. So Ploy brought me to a place called Coffee Bean (not the coffee bean in Singapore). Carrot cake was alright.. And they spelt Horlics Cake as Horlice Cake!





We headed back to MBK and Ploy had to leave to meet her uncle. So I shopped alone for awhile before coming to this internet cafe.

Back tomorrow! Not looking forward though..