Sunday, July 13, 2008


On my way home from church today, on bus 518, i witnessed an accident near my house. Well, I didn't actually see the lady get knocked down by the bus, but I saw her lying on the road.

I was shocked out of my wits. Life is so precious, one minute you are alive, the next you are not. I hope she didn't pass away.

Are Singaporeans too pampered? Are we oblivious of how lucky we are to be in a country that even the poor have some form of support from the government?

I am thinking of a child sponsorship plan which will cost me US$32 per month, till the child turns 18. Of course with my current financial situation (or should I say the lack of it) makes things difficult. But once I get a job it will open up a door for me.

If every christian bothers to do act on what they say every sunday, this world would be a better place.

If you would like to sponsor a child, check out http://www.compassion.com/. It is a christian child sponsership programme, just like World Vision. Spread the word around too.


I am only one, but I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do something. I must not fail to do the something that I can do. - Helen Keller