Saturday, September 13, 2008


Saturday! But I didn't get a chance to sleep in late, because..


I'M OFF TO CHECK OUT IDP!


Well basically IDP is an australian education representative in Spore. So at 8.30am, I woke up and met Jan and Estee and headed down to, what is really, a middle-of-nowhere location.


After walking past countless condominiums in the heart of Orchard Road, past the Shangri-la that looked like it needed a new coat of paint.. past the many trees and expats..


Finally we reached.


After filling in a form, I waited for a consultant. Well my consultant was this gay man (I suspect.. he had the 'broken wrist' syndrome!), who was also the director of the company. Well, the best get served by the best, no? LOL.


So basically, after what seems like an hour of consultation (according to Esther, David and Jan, who waited for me outside- starved), I think I have finally settled on a particular university- University of South Australia.


Even though it is not in the G8, however I like the fact that the Marketing degree is more hands-on aproach rather than a theory-based approach that most G8 suscribe to. Also the fees are very much lower at AUD16,500/annum as compared to Umelb which is AUD25,000/annum!


Moreover, cost of living in Adelaide is much lower than Sydney or Melborne, and even Brisbane. In fact it is one of the cheapest place in Aus.


The best part?



LESSER ASIANS AS COMPARED TO SYDNEY AND MELB.



I'm not racist. I mean, I'ma Chinese too man. It is just that after 20yrs of seeing yellow skin and hearing Mandarin everywhere, well, its time for change!





Ok so this picture makes no sense, but we took this picture at Forum's Toys'r'us. Yes I know, I'm still a kid at heart.

I look fatter don't I? Even my hair looks shit.