Thursday, November 20, 2008


I have been so busy this week - with couchsurfing!


I hosted Anna and Wojtek, a married Polish couple for 4 nights, and I would say it is one of the greatest experience ever. I picked them up from the airport on Sunday, though I had some trouble identifying them :)





Wojtek, Anna, Widic (a friend of theirs, who is interning for 3 months in Singapore with the EU commisioner) and me, at Suntec City's Fountain of wealth.




The best thing about hosting them was the chance to learn a few Polish words. If you think mandarin is difficult, think again. In my opinion, Polish is 1.5 times more difficult than Polish (speaking, not the writing).


Anna and Wojtek (pronounced as 'Voj tack') are really tall. Anna (pronounced as 'Ania') is 1.73m tall and Wojtek is 1.8m tall. I felt like a little dwarf around them.


Hosting travellers has allowed me to experience another world. I get to know about Kracow, Poland even without being there. But it has its cons too. I lose my privacy, I have to fit my schedule around them, I have to share my toilet (which is my worse ever nightmare) and I have to deal with a very messy room due to their stuff.


Though all in all, I would do it again. For now, I just need a break.