Saturday, December 13, 2008


14 hours later on a bus, I am in Hatyai now, and boy are the things cheap!

Food wise not so because it is 35baht for a freaking small bowl of fish soup noodle and 50baht for a slightly bigger bowl of wanton mee.

So far, things look quite safe here. It was a long journey here, and on the way here I encountered some of the worst toilets ever in Malaysia (stank like 100years old pee), and some of the ruddest Malaysians. Sad to say the stereotype for them is so true.

Hatyai reminds me of Malaysia and not Thailand because everyone here speaks mandarin and some english. Mandarin.. just like Malaysia. But of course I finally got a chance to practice my thai with the bus guide, with my apartment lady, with some other random people. And I'm surviving!

McDonald's fillet o'fish is 54baht (about $2), and the meal cost 99baht (about $4). Ice cream cone is 9 baht (around $0.35).

I guess the worse nightmare came true, I forgot to bring my AUD dollar that was meant for Shermain and now we are crazily trying to get people to go to my place to take the money and transfer over.

What a nightmare.