Saturday, June 27, 2009


So I have finally joined the fighting school I've been meaning to join since 2006. Yesterday was my first Muay Thai training, and I was rather apprehensive about it. Firstly, I was going in all alone (thanks eh,Twin, haha), and secondly, I didn't know what the training would be like.

I was about to chicken out when Main said she couldn't make it, but I figured if I was planning to go to Thailand end of this year to train, then I jolly well better get used to training in a new place alone.





Yesterday I struggled with 50 pushups, 50 situps, 50 abs core shit and 50 squats. And I thought that was bad enough. Today my instructor made us do 100 pushups, 100 situps and 20 (down from 50) burpees.

My chest was hurting; every muscle in me screamed for mercy as I tried to push past the barrier of pain and fatigue. My arms buckled, my thighs burnt. But it was all worth it. At the end of the training, I flopped onto the mat and lied still for a few minutes, visioning my soon-to-be-hot-bod. It was all worth it.


My 'battle scars'. From doing the elbow jab on the boxing bag. Not shown: bruises on knees.

My entire body is either covered in bruises or aching like crap.