Wednesday, December 02, 2009



So I've been in Thailand for more than 3 weeks now, and the initial shock has gone and I have pretty much settled in.

Just had a bout of diarrhea and fever (many of the guys at the gym said that its very common), and I am pretty glad I'm feelin' better now.

Am friends with the guys at the gym now. Not like close buds or anything, but it feels nice to be able to have a chat everyday. There is this Asian American called John or Jon who studies at Notre Dame and scored 1440 out of 1600 for his SAT. Smart boy, he is gonna be a banker in future. Daddy was in the army, grew up as an army brat in Korea.

Then there is an Asian Canadian named David who is a really nice guy. Comes from Vancouver and did not go to college (omg, an Asian who did not go to college?!)

We have a few Brits (2 are sitting right next to me as I type this) and 2 French guys ...

Oh, I got an acceptance letter by University of Oregon.

GO DUCKS!

I'll wait for Smith College's reply before I decide.